Tuesday, June 16, 2009

That went quickly...

...the last week, I mean. It's amazing how everything seems to go by so fast these days!

It's been a crazy week in general. Last Thursday, my husband became another victim of the economy and was laid off from his job. We were fortunate that we hadn't really felt the effects of the dwindling economy as much up until now and while he's not worried, it's a little unsettling for sure. On the upside, seeing as he's currently acting "house husband", he's promised to clean both the kitchen floor and the bathroom in the next couple of days. If I'm really lucky he'll be cooking dinner more too (which is always good because he's really a very good cook!)

Over the weekend, I was able to participate in the community yard sale that our building was having. I made a strangely satisfying $30, which was enough to buy us lunch on Sunday, and had the double advantage of clearing out some of the clutter that I am so good at collecting!
I also did my first maternity photo shoot with my friend, who is due in August. I'm working hard to build my portfolio right now and get it web-ready, and I've found that I really enjoy this type of shoot. I do wish the sun had come out for a little while, but overall was really happy with how the photos turns out. While we certainly did the semi-nude wistful shots, I've known Paige for a long time and we definitely needed to get out and take shots in a fun and playful space...after all, that's what she is about! So, we took a trip over to a local playground and captured some really goofy moments with the mom-to-be.

As for my website, I've spent a long time thinking about what direction to take it in. I've gone back and forth repeatedly, and also ended up sidetracked by needing to work on my husband's music site (http://4scoreentertainment.com). Anyway, I've concluded that it's portfolio first, shop second. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can handle the first part in getting my portfolio up online within the next month. The shop will eventually be active there, but will have to wait for now. In the meantime, I've dyed up some new recycled yarns that I will be putting in both Etsy and Artfire shops.

So, feeling like I'm already half way into this week already, onward I go...

No comments: