Friday, December 7, 2007

Finally made something for myself!

I am so frequently caught up in making things for my Etsy shop, or charity, that I am very excited that I finally got around to making something for myself! I present to you my latest knit item...(thanks to my co-worker for taking these pics of me).
I found this beautiful pattern on Ravelry and I just knew that it was going to be something that I needed to make. The pattern is Ophelia, and can be found here. The design is originally for a cardigan, but it wasn't sitting right on my wide hips. I went ahead and seamed it at the front (using the invisible mattress stitch seam) and now it's a v-neck instead. I've been getting compliments on it all day at work and I'm really happy to be showing off my handiwork.
A view of the lace pattern at the back.

3 comments:

idyll hands said...

That is beautiful!!! You have inspired me to take my knitting to another step. I get in a comfort groove with knitting and tend to not try new patterns, but I love this.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great job hun! It turned out awesome! And I love your color choices as well, oh so pretty!!
:D

Marjorie said...

gorgeous -- you deserve all the compliments!
What yarn did you use? or can I find you on Ravelry, which is how I got here!