Monday, November 17, 2008

16 days and counting

...until my next craft fair. My friend is the property manager of a huge high rise in downtown LA and has invited me to be a vendor at their holiday fair. She witnessed the extravaganza of crafting that happened before the craft fair in my own office and I am honored that she wants to include me in hers.

The big difference is that her fair involves being in the lobby of her high rise with 2500+ tenants there to potentially purchase my wares. Imagine the look on my face when she told me that my table space is 12ft!! First thought was - what the hell am I going to make that will fill 12 feet of space?! Once the mild anxiety attack passed, I immediately got to crafting, which is what I've been doing ever since. So far I'm 3 pairs of baby booties, 1 scarf, 1 neckwarmer, 3 hats and am nearly done with my second crocheted edging on the fleece baby blankets I bought. I also bought a ton of photo mats, with photographs on their way from the printer to be either matted and sold as prints, or turned into notecards. I am also lucky that Hollylynne has agreed once again to partner with me on this one and send over some of her jewelry.

It's been 4 days since I found out about the fair and my hands already hurt. I think it might be time to bust out the sewing machine so that I'm not in crochet fever and can give my palms a break for a little bit. I don't know if I'm going to make it the next 16 days without having a seizure of sorts because even outside of the crafting, I need to make tags, price charts, finalize my display etc. I just hope to make enough money that I can book a massage!!

No comments: