Thursday, September 3, 2009

Looming on the horizon

Literally! Since I got my little potholder loom, the concept of weaving beautiful scarves, dishtowels, bags etc. has been at the forefront of my crafting brain. Hubby still hasn't found a job yet so funds are limited but I took a look at my PayPal account and decided that I do have a little bit of money to spend on a used loom. Today, I finally knuckled down and found a 20" vintage rigid heddle loom for $35 that with any luck will be here in the middle of next week! I took a trip to the library on my lunch break and flipped through the basics of all 3 weaving books they had on the shelves. I'm really anxious to get started on this - can you tell?

There's only one person I know that used to weave, and she happens to be in my office. When she told her loom (one of the crazy professional $3000 ones), she put a ton of weaving yarns in a box for the knitting group at work in the hope that somebody may be able to use it in the future. Well, as soon as the loom arrives, that box of weaving yarn will be mine to play with, practice and become a weaving master! :)

No comments: