Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A little new and different

While at my husband's DJ gig on Sunday, I had my camera with me (doing my duty as wifey/official photographer) and came across a decorative lighting fixture on the wall of the bar we were in. It was pretty on it's own but I decided that it was also the perfect subject for some experimental, abstract photography.


What did I do to create this? I turned off the flash and adjusted the shutter speed to about 1 second, then zoomed in from a wide angle with my lens while on an open shutter to create a wonderfully abstract picture. I had so much fun playing with different camera movements on the open shutter that I have a whole bunch of abstract photographs that I am now compelled to continue adding to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Isn't it awesome when you find new inspirations! It's how we all learn and grow, and keep on keepen' on... hehee....
Hugs to you miss married one!
:D
Janell