Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My knittiversary!

It's been almost exactly one year since my wonderful co-worker, Kim, taught me how to knit. It's somewhat unbelievable to me that this time last year, I was working on my first garter stitch scarf, which was crooked and somewhat triangular...although I was very proud of it! Today I cast on a cabled v-neck top, which will be my knittiversary sweater.

So, here's a quick thank you to my teacher and knitting mentor, Kim. She's the person that I go to when I'm trying to knit on my lunch break and don't have a stitch marker or cable needle, when I want to share my new yarn purchase (or when I want to see what yummy yarn she just bought), when I'm looking for a new pattern and want to look through her pattern books. She's entirely responsible for creating this little knitting monster and I wouldn't have had it any other way! =)

No comments: