Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy (Crafty) New Year!

2009 is finally upon us! While I'm not one for New Year Resolutions (just seems like setting up for failure), I have been formulating a list of fun crafty things that I'd like to try this year. I'm not under any assumption that I will actually manage to do all of these things, but one can wish! =)

- Try dying yarn with Kool-aid (perhaps move on to roving if that works out ok)
- Do the cross stitch pattern that I bought (see picture)
- Figure out if I really do want to buy that darn weaving loom!
- Finish the sweater that I've been working on for a year now that's been hiding...crazy cable patterns lead to long time knitting!
- Sew the curtains for our bedroom
- Learn to sew zippers properly
- Go on a couple of field trips with my camera (definitely need some new portfolio shots)
- Thrift more yarn (I had fun with my first sweater so will try to find more!)
- Attempt to felt something in the washer
- Write down a couple more of my knitting/crochet patterns. I have them in my head but not yet on paper.

In between all of this, my number one priority this year is to get my inventory fully listed on my own website and figure out the details of Zencart! I've been making some progress but definitely want to focus on it more.

If you have crafty things that you're planning this year, please comment below as I'd love to know what you're going to be up to!

No comments: