Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Happy Birthday indeed

It's not even time for a mid-morning snack yet, and I've had quite an eventful birthday already! Here's how my day has played out so far...

I woke up this morning to find that my wonderful husband had bought me a sewing machine for my gift. As he says "I'll probably regret giving you another thing for your craft habit, but I know you'll love it." I think I have to go buy a new storage bin so that I can keep what is likely to become a bunch of fabric supplies out of his way!

I then checked the mail on the way out the door to go to work. There was a card from my husband's grandparents with a birthday check inside! Sadly, my own grandparents had all passed by the time I turned 12, so it was really sweet to get this from my "new grandparents" as they call themselves (sounds better than grandparents-in-law for sure). I plan of course on spending that money on sewing notions for my new machine!

Next step, I get to work to be greeted by streamers hanging from my office door and a big sign from everybody in my area. Definitely a feel good moment there.
Then, to top that off, I log into my e-mail and find that I have sold a photography print through Etsy and that a person I have never met on Ravelry has sent me a birthday message. The crafting community really is a wonderful one!

So, as it's not quite 11am yet, who knows what the rest of the day will bring. Do I feel spoiled already? Hell yes I do!

No comments: