Monday, May 19, 2008

What's your preference?

While making myself a handy new needle roll to carry my random assortment of knitting needles, I realized that it's perfect for keeping all the needles and crochet hooks I have in one spot. The problem is that I wouldn't want to carry it around with me all the time when taking my projects on the road. Personally, I tend to take whatever needles I'm using plus the yarn for the project, or alternatively my drop spindle and some roving. Either way, I want it all to fit in a medium sized tote bag.

I've been wanting to put some needle rolls and other similar items in my Etsy store, now that I am friends with my sewing machine, and I was wondering what you all use.

- Which needles do you carry with you?
- Do you carry in a tote bag or a drawstring bag?
- Do you like having a needle roll to carry everything at home and something smaller to carry on the road with you?
- Do you like having separate holders for your straights, DPNs, crochet hooks etc?

Please leave a comment and keep an eye out for the results in my Etsy store!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

you know what would be rad? some kind of pocket or other mechanism to hold yarn needles so they don't go spilling out to the bottom of my bag. ditto for scissors . . . maybe a small pair attached with a loop of ribbon?