Wednesday, February 18, 2009

4 out of 5 isn't bad

For my last sock pattern (Rustled Up Socks), I was really excited to be collaborating with an indie yarn designer who dyed up some beautiful yarn for my project. I'm thrilled to be doing that again for the new spring sock pattern that I'm working on now. Perhaps I'm swayed by the So Cal weather, not that the recent rain is anything to go by, but I am definitely an ankle sock kind of girl...when I'm not wearing flip flops that is. So, this will be a cute lacy ankle sock when it's done and I'm happy to provide this little preview. I'm just using some yarn from my stash to knit up the prototype, so the final yarn will be a surprise! =)

The fun part of this being that one of the double pointed needles has walked off. It's interesting trying to write a pattern for a set of 5 DPNs when you only have 4 of them. I don't know if it had some kind of dispute with the other DPNs in the set and has decided to go sulk in a corner hidden out of view, but I wish it would return!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

have you ever seen a thigh high sock pattern? I would almost learn to knit for that . . . . (almost)

Natalie J said...

I'm sure there are some around, but it would definitely take a while to knit. I have short attention span (as you know) and don't wear long socks though!