Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Into phase 2

Well, the good news is that our bathroom is basically done! They have a small flooring issue to figure out (has to do with a strange soft spot that has become apparent) but it's usable and that's the most exciting thing to me right now.

A couple of days ago, the demolition of the second/guest bathroom began. That's the bathroom that started the need to remodel anyway. When we first viewed the house, the shower door in that room was crooked. Think thick aluminum frame with "rain" frosted glass and a shower base that always looked a little dirty because there were little dark flecks in the design. The floor was also a light brown vinyl that didn't really match anything. Even better was the scary original vinyl flooring underneath that when they pulled it up. My favorite part of the room though was the position of the shower head. I'm 5'3" and it was low for me. My dad is 6'5" and when my parents were visiting, he somehow showered in there. I do not know how, but he must have had a very clean belly button! The good news is that it's now been raised about 18" up from where it was...which is good for non-tiny people.

I'll be taking completely finished pictures soon, once everything is done, sealed, dry and I can get in there with a wide angle lens (been using our point and shoot so far).

3 comments:

HollyLynne said...

eeek!!!! coming along!!! I'm glad your shower is now normal-height-people compliant. Every house seems to have a WTF feature . . . ours was the fucktarded 11x17 window in the bedroom (and its plastic blinds with VALANCE). What are these builders smoking?!

Natalie J said...

Um, our contractor's name is Dooby. Perhaps that explains what they've been smoking?

HollyLynne said...

Oddly, that WAS where I was going with that . . . :)