Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wassup!

I know you may be wondering where I have been disappearing off to, but I would like to assure you dear readers that you are not forgotten!

I have been enjoying the beauty of South Beach, Miami for the last week. I'm a little browner than I was when I left (except my legs are still pale and could probably be used in lieu of a lighthouse). Of course, while I was out there, I think I discovered the truth behind the South Beach diet. While I did eat well, I probably managed to walk a good 3-4 miles each day. This was aided of course by a rather large slushy alcoholic drink, aptly named "Call-A-Cab". $9 well spent if you ask me. Just to give you an idea of how hard it was to return, take a look at this view from the window of our condo.We were also up to all kinds of things before we left for vacation. In particular, I have to give a shout out to my little rodent friend Yippy. I can't say I've ever had a particular desire to have a rodent for a pet, but this little guy won me over. We were baby-sitting him on behalf of my sister-in-law (who is 9) and it has to be said it was quite entertaining. He was quite the acrobat, enjoying swinging sideways off any surface you could put him on and rattling his cage, literally, by hanging off the bars. I found it quite strange that he never went near his hamster wheel (isn't that what they're supposed to do?) Even stranger is how he manages to fling his little hamster poop about 6-8 inches out of his cage. A talented little guy, no matter how you look at it!

In the meantime, wedding reception is this weekend so I've been finalizing all of that. I can't wait to put up pictures of my centerpieces, I think they look great. Also, I have other new and crafty endeavors in the offing so more info will come soon!!

1 comment: